Pages

Friday 13 April 2012

Spring Break Part 2

                                      

   I'm a thinker.  I like to think about things that were, things that are, and things that could come.  I always have this thinking application open in my mind: it's always running.  Whatever I see, taste, feel, hear, and smell is sent to my thinking application for review.  Most of time, the things that I encounter are not especially significant, just happenings in the spark of life.  But, this past break, I found something that I thought was very significant and interesting: Milkweed.

Milkweed Down
   It was a beautiful Sabbath afternoon in Minnesota.  It was simply too nice to put away.  So, after the church service and the fellowship luncheon, my Dad and I decided that we would go hiking on our personal hiking trails.  We didn't really care where we went, we just wanted to get outside.  After a half hour of aimlessly wandering the paths, we came to a dry pond.  Ever since the melt water had receded, spring plants had sprung and had flowered.  We hiked down the pond and circled it once, and as I got closer to the middle, I found that there were milkweed plants there.  Their pods had already grown and were releasing their seed.  In curiosity, I approached a small plant with a couple pods on it.  I extended my hand to feel the white, feathery parachutes which protruded from the hard seed.  It was soft!  Very soft!  It was also amazingly light and flew away with the wind if I wasn't careful.  Grabbing a handful out of the open pod, my creative juices began flowing.  What could this be used for?  What are its traits?  My mind began cracking at some of the many questions in my mind.  Intending to bring the milkweed to the house for further inspection, I clenched a couple more 'pod fulls' of the down in my right hand.  After a couple minutes of hiking up to the house, I realized that my right hand was getting really warm.  Once again, I marveled at the milkweed and my mind started suggesting thinking about the insulation properties of the down.  Ready to take on a challenge, I hurried back to the house.

   There are so many exciting things to explore in this world.  The world is so big!  I can just imagine how much fun Adam, Eve, and I would have had exploring the different things that God had made.  The universe is such as amazing place.  God has truly created a masterpiece.  Everything that we see has a signature of intelligent design.  The amazing thing is that there is no limit to how much can be explored.  I have enough fun on earth discovering the wonders that God has made, but I can't wait for heaven, when I can explore so much more!  I look forward to spending that time, hopefully with you!

1 comment: